What Happens During a Retul Bike Fit?
Velocity 44 is delighted to be Scotlands only certified and fully trained Retul fit studio. With over 1300 Retul 3D motion bike fittings and over 20 years fitting people to bikes, Paul is one of the Scotlands most experienced bike fitters. Paul also works in close partnership with Retul in boulder.
Every bike fitter is unique in his or her experience and specialties. Service offerings, pricing and the length of a fit appointment depend on the individual fitter and business, and each business utilizing Retul technology operates independently from Retul Headquarters.
Our goal is that every fitter using Retul technology has the most accurate and comprehensive bike fit data to help make better fit decisions. A great fit will allow the rider to experience more comfort and better performance on his or her bike, or buy a new bike with full confidence in selecting the right model and size.
Retul provides comprehensive bike fit training and continuing education through Retul University, and fitters holding a current Retul University certification are trained in the proper use of Retul technology.
A bike fit using Retul technology typically includes the following steps:
- The fitter conducts an initial physical assessment of the rider, and at this point can address the rider's concerns about performance, pain, or any other issues the rider hopes to alleviate during the bike fit.
- LED markers are strategically placed on eight anatomical points of the rider: the wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, heel, and toe.
- As the rider pedals, Retul's sensor bar gathers real-time, three-dimensional data of the rider's pedal strokes and movements.
- Retul's rotating platform allows the fitter to collect data for both sides of the rider without the rider leaving the bike.
- The rider's data is compiled into a reader-friendly report for analysis by the fitter. The fitter can then assess the rider's position and make necessary adjustments.
- The Zin, Retul's handheld digitizer, allows the fitter to digitally measure the rider's bike at 13-15 points, depending on the bike. The Zin can measure fixed points, contours, and curves, and provides a complete digital map of the bike.
- The fit information is saved and stored on the fitter's computer.
- The data includes the rider's personal profile, measurements from the fit, bike measurements, and the rider's final fit position.
- The fitter will be able to access and print these records for comparison and tracking of historical fit data for the client.
Bike Fit Sessions Available:
- Bike fit session - 1 bike detailed bike fit session with bike fit report to take away
- Bike fit session - 2 bikes detailed bike fit session with bike fit report to take away for 2 bikes.
- Bike fit - follow up fit (re-dialling session) Follow up session designed to recalibrate the fit, take rider feedback into consideration, assess impact of first fit on rider's biomechanics & adjust accordingly – Revised report.
- Bike fit - for new bike purchases bike fit session on our Retul Muve fit bike with a recommendation for new bike purchase. Return fit with new bike to be dialled in included.